We provide childcare for children aged 3 months to 12 years of age mainly at weekends and during the week at half term for family learning courses. The crèche runs parallel with course times and provides activities for the children which are age appropriate. The crèche has an area for younger children and an area for older children. The area for older children has computer access.
Health & Safety of Children
Children in Dining Room Children should be supervised by the parent or guardian at all times when in the Dining room, and in particular when getting meals and moving around near the hot plates. Please do not allow your children to run around whilst in the dining room or use the toaster.
Hot drinks machine in Common room please be aware that children MUST NOT use the hot drinks machine as it is HOT!!! Do not ask or instruct your children to use the machine on your behalf and do not let your children use it. It dispenses very hot drinks and the children are your responsibility so it is up to you to supervise them and make sure they do not use it.
Children in residence
- We have a Recreation room on the ground floor of Primrose House. Please note that children are NOT allowed in there, as there is a darts board and weights in there, making it far too dangerous for children to use it.
- Young children should not be left in their bedrooms alone, at any time or for any reason whatsoever.
- Children are not allowed up onto the first and second floors of the Main Building for safety reasons. It is the parent’s responsibility to ensure that their children do not go upstairs in the main building for any reason.
- Please ensure that your children are ALWAYS supervised if they play in the gardens.
- Please remember your children are your responsibility and must not be allowed to roam round without you, particularly at night.